Friday, July 29, 2011

The Prophecy of the True Horn




Into darkness will I fade,

Into a night that Man has made,

But through that gloom shall gleam the Sun

When I am lost, and again am won.


Release! Release! I call to thee

In New Lands across the sea;

Let another, on narrow pathways, come to me.


Furthest and Highest,

Yet not beyond reach.

Choose thou well a path that will teach

How the Sunken is raised

And Emptiness is filled

And a wandering heart

Can finally be stilled.


Seek the Great Stone!

Mark it well with a sign,

That the one who shall follow

Shall see it is mine,

And, seeing, shall ponder

and certainly know

As the Ancients have writ:

"As Above, so Below."


And I shall guard the Source of Greatness:

Waiting by a teardrop

From neither joy nor sorrow born,

In silver bound, beneath the ground --


I am the Spiral Horn.


-- De Historia et Veritate Unicornis